4.4
Style and Design

Dec 26th, 2016...7pm... My wife, her two sisters, one sister's 13 year old daughter, and myself just finished spending about an hour or so shopping for their parent's new house.

Please understand that the 4 adults are all in our 30's and are not struggling for money, so to speak. Once you read subsequent paragraphs, you will see why I mention this. My wife and her sisters needed a bunch of stuff, including furniture, so we ended up spending about $1,100.00. Price is not the issue.

World Market provides a lot of value and an overall great product. I am always pleased with my World Market purchases. So, why the 1 star review??? The entire time we were there, we were being stalked by the employees.

Every time I turned around, there was someone who worked there looking at me like I was going to damage or steal something. I felt really uncomfortable, and thought that maybe I was imagining things. I told my wife that I was being followed and watched, and she said that she felt the same way, that people were following her around and creepily watching her. WOW...This was really happening.

What the ***??? Are these people crazy??? Was it one manager that told all the girls working there to follow us around and make sure we didn't cause any trouble??? When we were checking out, there were like 4 employees lingering around.

Two of them looking through our stuff... Then.....One of them asks me....WAIT FOR IT..... ...."Did you open a bag of popcorn and not pay for it???" WHAT...Did she just ask me this??? Yes, we did open a bag of popcorn, but we paid for it.

Why would you even ask me that? Good grief. Next up. The girl cashing us out seemed extremely annoyed with life and was giving us snotty remarks.

I was super nice to her. I was saying please and thank you, and trying to make her feel content and happy. BUT, this just wasn't happening. She was snippy and rude.

It was extremely uncomfortable. I own 2 companies that depend on great customer service, and I would never let this girl set foot anywhere near my offices. On top of that, she didn't know anything about the 15% off promotion. (Mind you, there was a SIGN with the promotion literally 5 feet in front of her face).

As you can imagine, It was pretty cold outside. So, once we got everything paid for, I asked if we could unpack two of the large boxes of furniture inside of the store, so we wouldn't have to be out in the cold doing it. This is a task that should only take 3-5 minutes, but was necessary to fit the items in the minivan. At this point, there was another nasty girl in the background stating that "they just mopped", and there is "salt on the floor" and we wouldn't want to "get our furniture all salty".

"It's just going to make a mess", she said. She had to call a manager up front to verify if we could do this. ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? It has been a VERY long time since I have been treated like a piece of garbage like this.

There were about 6 employees in total. 4 of them were responsible for this extremely poor experience. Two of them, I think one is named Megan, helped us open the boxes(OUTSIDE), and seemed to be very nice. Just to put the cherry in top, and tip the scales for me to even write a review, is that the cashier, who felt the need to inform me that she "had a genetic disorder", and that it was "more information than I probably needed to know", FAILED to wrap any of the glass items.

So, when we got home, we had a couple of broken pieces. I took a picture of one of them. Sorry for the long rant, but these people just sucked. I live in Florida, and I am just visiting my in-laws here.

Most everyone is extremely nice, welcoming, and over the top courteous here in WI. Way more so than in FL. I really like World Market, and will be spending another couple of thousand on some new office furniture.

I am thankful that I will not have to visit this store again... ---Sad for those miserable people, Jay

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of terrible customer service. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of cost plus world market cashier. Cost Plus World Market needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned cost plus world market cashier in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Cost Plus World Market.

Comments