4.0
Style and Design

I buy almost exclusively online for everything I need and want for my household.Groceries and personal care products are probably the only exceptions.

I do comparison shopping and will buy wherever the price is best. Therefore, eBay, Amazon, Jet, and Walmart are my usual go to places. I also order online locally from Best Buy, Fry's Electronics, Penneys, Macy's, Kohls, and hardware stores. It's easy for me to shop online and then go pick up at stores locally.

This was my first purchase from World Market. I had seen advertisements for their cookie jars a few months back and when they were reduced by 50% for Thanksgiving I decided to purchase. My experience with online shopping is that I am billed for my purchase when it is shipped. I have never had a retailer that placed a hold on my funds, then bill my account again when it shipped and yet kept the original pending hold on my funds for an additional week.

That money finally got released today. My plan is to inform people of this practice. It is simply unreasonable for a retailer to place a hold on a customer's money and them charge them again for the same amount and yet not release the hold on the original funds. I am extremely unhappy about this, and consider their method of trying to guarantee that World market will get paid unreasonable.

I called Worlds Market’s customer service last Monday and was incredulous that this was how their store managed online purchases to assure payment until the product shipped. I was told that the hold dropped off after a few days which was not my experience. I do not believe that one unhappy customer will get World Market to change this practice and therefore, I will not buy from World Market again.

I seriously doubt that I am the only person that has been unhappy about this practice.But I may possibly be the first person who took the time to complain about it in a public venue.

Review about: Cost Plus World Market Shipping Service.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Not helping me when i called customer service.

Comments