Cost Plus World Market - Furniture arrived damaged, they want me to dismantle and send back the 135 lb desk!
Update added by user Jun 13, 2015
After waiting 2 days for a return call from a WorldMarket supervisor, I called them.I asked them if they would be willing to send me the new desk they had offered, and I would remove the good drawers and replace them with the damaged drawers and send the box back, without ever removing the desk.
They immediately said yes, I could do that.
I asked them why they had never offered this solution, and they said it is not their normal procedure.
Sounds like a lot of extra effort and expense to get 2 new drawers to their customer (me). But I'll take it!
Got an email that the order had been submitted.
It has been 2 days and so far nothing has shipped.Keeping my fingers crossed they do what they said they will do.
Original review posted by user Jun 08, 2015
I purchased 4 very nice pieces of solid wood office furniture from WorldMarket.com online, that totalled over $1,000. The main piece of furniture arrived with 2 of 3 drawers broken.
They say they do not have anymore replacement parts and cannot replace the drawers. However, if I will dismantle the desk and figure out a way to package it, they will gladly send me a completely new desk. This is a big desk! Well over 100 pounds.
I have tried reasoning with them. There is no way I can lift the heavy pieces and wrap them up and put them back in the packaging. They probably have a factory that packages this stuff. It would be completely ruined while I was trying to slide pieces around and get them back in some sort of stackable arrangement.
I asked them why, if they could send me a new desk, why they could not simply remove 2 of the drawers from the new desk and send them to me. I could fairly easily send back the damaged drawers.
They say they cannot do that. They would be willing to give me a 30% discount on the desk. But then my beautiful office furniture would have a desk with 2 ugly holes where the drawers should be.
They promised to have a supervisor call me tomorrow after I asked several times. At this time nothing looks like it will be resolved and their customer service from beginning to end appears to be more concerned with themselves, than with my problem.
Several days after I submitted their form regarding damaged furniture, they sent me an customer satisfaction survey. It seems like they may want to spend more time taking care of their customers than asking them for feedback when they have not handled the issue.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Style and Design|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Customer service
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Send me 2 replacement drawers to replace the drawers that were damaged in shipment.
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "My sister and I went in to your store, World Market, in Redding, CA. on an average shopping trip on the morning of April 28th 2012. My sister had..."
- "We paid nearly 4,000.00 for a custom Paula Sofa. It was finally brought to us last week. I had to refuse delivery! A PIECE OF JUNK I would not..."
- "my mattress isn't even a yr old !! between 2 to 3 months of buying this mattress it becomes a big puff of air in the middle an sinkholes..."
- "Gamecoupon.org has players who are experts in playing the game and who keep winning the currency. They keep collecting the currency and then transfer it to the account of their..."
- "All three half-time announcers on CBS just pronounced our State name, and that of the University of Nevada, incorrectly! Why do the live game announcers correctly pronounce the University of..."
- "So it's obvious someone here go pissed and couldn't wait for their gear, caught an attitude with John, the owner of SOE and got fired as a customer.So here's the..."
- "Walgreens (1/22/16) My issue with Walgreens isn't complicated. On 1/16/16, I got a prescription of Tamsulosin filled at the Enumclaw, WA, Walgreens. I picked up the Tamsulosin at..."
- "I purchased a 2015 Arctic Fox camper new, I complained to the factory early after my purchase about the shower floor not being level with the floor, I was told..."
- "Raining outside and raining inside my 2014 Palm Harbor Park Model. "Oh, you're out of warranty, but here's a $100 so you will go away." At the end of the..."