Cost Plus World Market - Furniture arrived damaged, they want me to dismantle and send back the 135 lb desk!
Update added by user Jun 13, 2015
After waiting 2 days for a return call from a WorldMarket supervisor, I called them.I asked them if they would be willing to send me the new desk they had offered, and I would remove the good drawers and replace them with the damaged drawers and send the box back, without ever removing the desk.
They immediately said yes, I could do that.
I asked them why they had never offered this solution, and they said it is not their normal procedure.
Sounds like a lot of extra effort and expense to get 2 new drawers to their customer (me). But I'll take it!
Got an email that the order had been submitted.
It has been 2 days and so far nothing has shipped.Keeping my fingers crossed they do what they said they will do.
Original review posted by user Jun 08, 2015
I purchased 4 very nice pieces of solid wood office furniture from WorldMarket.com online, that totalled over $1,000. The main piece of furniture arrived with 2 of 3 drawers broken.
They say they do not have anymore replacement parts and cannot replace the drawers. However, if I will dismantle the desk and figure out a way to package it, they will gladly send me a completely new desk. This is a big desk! Well over 100 pounds.
I have tried reasoning with them. There is no way I can lift the heavy pieces and wrap them up and put them back in the packaging. They probably have a factory that packages this stuff. It would be completely ruined while I was trying to slide pieces around and get them back in some sort of stackable arrangement.
I asked them why, if they could send me a new desk, why they could not simply remove 2 of the drawers from the new desk and send them to me. I could fairly easily send back the damaged drawers.
They say they cannot do that. They would be willing to give me a 30% discount on the desk. But then my beautiful office furniture would have a desk with 2 ugly holes where the drawers should be.
They promised to have a supervisor call me tomorrow after I asked several times. At this time nothing looks like it will be resolved and their customer service from beginning to end appears to be more concerned with themselves, than with my problem.
Several days after I submitted their form regarding damaged furniture, they sent me an customer satisfaction survey. It seems like they may want to spend more time taking care of their customers than asking them for feedback when they have not handled the issue.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Style and Design|
|Value for money|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Customer service
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Send me 2 replacement drawers to replace the drawers that were damaged in shipment.
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "We paid nearly 4,000.00 for a custom Paula Sofa. It was finally brought to us last week. I had to refuse delivery! A PIECE OF JUNK I would not..."
- "We have had Jeromes service person to our house three times to look at our sectional because the vinyl fabric started wearing through in the first three months. Each time,..."
- "I have never experienced such a unprofessional online and customer service experience before dealing with world market. I placed an order on January. 13, 2016, delivery was scheduled from 1/17-1/21...."
- "Walgreens (1/22/16) My issue with Walgreens isn't complicated. On 1/16/16, I got a prescription of Tamsulosin filled at the Enumclaw, WA, Walgreens. I picked up the Tamsulosin at..."
- "HOME STYLE FURNITURE July 2014 I purchased a 1500.00 game table with four chairs for our summer home. The first time my husband sat in one of the chairs the..."
- "Raining outside and raining inside my 2014 Palm Harbor Park Model. "Oh, you're out of warranty, but here's a $100 so you will go away." At the end of the..."
- "I don't usually complain but this time I have to, it was a treat for my husband and I to have my granddaughter with us for dinner she's 16 and..."
- " Today 10/25/2016 we went into the Chili's in Arroyo Grande California and waited for 15 to 20 minutes to be seated we were never acknowledged or never approached. ..."
- "I ordered mats for my kitchen from a daily deal. When they came (I like the rugs. They were what I expected) they came postage due for $5.85. There was..."