Cost Plus World Market - Insulted when trying to turn in couponto World Market
Update added by user May 02, 2012
BTW..... Before I posted this here I sent this complaint to World Market at their complaint dept, via email, no response from them.
Original review posted by user May 02, 2012
My sister and I went in to your store, World Market, in Redding, CA. on an average shopping trip on the morning of April 28th 2012.
My sister had a coupon, which is attached to this email via pdf. When she tried to redeem it the cashier said it was not valid, having no date on the coupon, we questioned this statement and the cashier called a manager to ask.
My sister and I were greeted by an employee named Justin and he looked at the coupon and stated "There was a date that we cut off, on the coupon". This was not only wrong but insulting and we, my sister and I, both replied Please look at the coupon again and see that there are cut lines on the page of where to cut out the coupon and you can see that they are intact, we did not cut off any date.
The Manager was there with Justin and looked at the coupon and stated that it was from a week ago promotion. The manager allowed Justin's comment, to us about cutting off the date, to go unnoticed or uncared about. My sister and I politely said Thank You and continued our checkout. Apparently we were foolishly still waiting for an apology from Justin for his rude and incorrect, earlier, statement to us...... This never happened. We paid for our merchandise, exchanged pleasantries with the cashier and left.
This was at the very least a bad shopping experience for us at World Market. We enjoy your store and are extremely upset that we were talked to, like we were, by Justin.
I neither care about the coupon not having a date nor being honored but I do care about how we are talked to when we are spending money in your store.
Employees such as Justin are obviously bad for business, if their mistakes are not corrected or if they are not trained properly in how to speak to customers. I believe that the manager who witnessed this, dropped the ball on this one.
I would hope that you are not changing your customer service policy from..........Respect and appreciation for us, to..........Insult the customer and make them feel like a thief or counterfeiter front of other customers.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Olive Oil
- Review category
- Professional Services
You May Also Like
- "I recently purchased a house in NJ. I used Thumbtack.com to find a hardwood floor refinisher. I located a 11 times 5 star reviewed company called DLS flooring on Thumbtack’s..."
- "I was scammed by a Val Tapia when I was forced to call a local napa locksmith after having my car keys stolen. He promised to delete all keys from..."
- "OMG!!! How can they not afford to ship like Amazon?!?!? They charge you a shipping fee + shipping + tax= what the heck is a shipping fee for ? Isn't..."
- "NOW OUT OF BUSINESS AND HAS FILED BANKRUPTCY TO GET OUT OF ANY PAYMENTS OR STUFF HE STOLE FROM CUSTOMER VEHICLES. THIS MAN IS A SCAM ARTIST, A CHEAT AND..."
- "...when i opened this package of Oreo's expecting to get what the package shows but received alot less..."
- "Nar Mar Construction Company, Inc - Formerly McAnally Construction Company and MCC & Associates Inc. of Rockwall, TX owned by Shannon McAnally, Megan McAnally, John McAnally, Keith McAnally, Cindy McAnally,..."
- "Google Youtube URL thief Ben Wallace, employee for Google UK in London, former Oxford University studentI have a oxforduniversity youtube domain name that I registered for first, what happened was..."
- "c/o Special Artist Agency 345 N Maple Dr, #302 Beverly Hills, CA 90210 USA Leonardo DiCaprio is a ripoff actor! His salary is bankrupting our country to live isgreedy rich life..."
- "The prices of movie tickets at this San Luis Obispo Downtown Theater The movieexperience.com downtown theater Centre 7 Cinema Fremont San Luis Obispo are really a ripoff. The only real..."