Update added by user May 02, 2012
BTW..... Before I posted this here I sent this complaint to World Market at their complaint dept, via email, no response from them.
Original review posted by user May 02, 2012
My sister and I went in to your store, World Market, in Redding, CA. on an average shopping trip on the morning of April 28th 2012.
My sister had a coupon, which is attached to this email via pdf. When she tried to redeem it the cashier said it was not valid, having no date on the coupon, we questioned this statement and the cashier called a manager to ask.
My sister and I were greeted by an employee named Justin and he looked at the coupon and stated "There was a date that we cut off, on the coupon". This was not only wrong but insulting and we, my sister and I, both replied Please look at the coupon again and see that there are cut lines on the page of where to cut out the coupon and you can see that they are intact, we did not cut off any date.
The Manager was there with Justin and looked at the coupon and stated that it was from a week ago promotion. The manager allowed Justin's comment, to us about cutting off the date, to go unnoticed or uncared about. My sister and I politely said Thank You and continued our checkout. Apparently we were foolishly still waiting for an apology from Justin for his rude and incorrect, earlier, statement to us...... This never happened. We paid for our merchandise, exchanged pleasantries with the cashier and left.
This was at the very least a bad shopping experience for us at World Market. We enjoy your store and are extremely upset that we were talked to, like we were, by Justin.
I neither care about the coupon not having a date nor being honored but I do care about how we are talked to when we are spending money in your store.
Employees such as Justin are obviously bad for business, if their mistakes are not corrected or if they are not trained properly in how to speak to customers. I believe that the manager who witnessed this, dropped the ball on this one.
I would hope that you are not changing your customer service policy from..........Respect and appreciation for us, to..........Insult the customer and make them feel like a thief or counterfeiter front of other customers.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Olive Oil
- Review category
- Professional Services
You May Also Like
- "Went to my 'shoot' last sunday and believe me I feel ***! Applied via the Facebook ad just because modelling has always been an interest of mine and wanted a bit..."
- "I had a bad experience with a roofer that they have listed on their site. This is ARH Roof Repair out of Thornton, Colorado. The owner, Rick, smeared..."
- "I had this page bookmarked in the event that we didn't close on our home. However, we closed after A LOT of bickering with the Mortgage Consultant, handholding, and..."
- "Google Youtube URL thief Ben Wallace, employee for Google UK in London, former Oxford University studentI have a oxforduniversity youtube domain name that I registered for first, what happened was..."
- "I bought a used digital piano a couple of years ago that came in a professionally designed and built hard shell case made specifically for this item and it arrived..."
- "I ordered a dining table online on Sept 12, 2012, it took 6 weeks to deliver table, when I received table, it was not wrapped in bubble wrap to protect..."
- "Not much to say (there 4 pictures taken on the same visit say it all). I have been consistently disappointed in the quality of veggies and produce at the..."
- "So I have submitted a receipt from door dash online that states what I have ordered. When I got my food it was the complete opposite. I ordered a mac..."
- "I had to send a package overnight which contained Professional Cinema Camera Drives which she allowed me to take home so I could download the footage we shot that day...."