Cost Plus World Market - Review about Queen Size Bed from Oceanside, New York
I have never experienced such a unprofessional online and customer service experience before dealing with world market.I placed an order on January.
13, 2016, delivery was scheduled from 1/17-1/21. The queens size platform bed was on sale for $319.00 with 10% off and free shopping. I also order holiday rubberducks set of 2, (1) under the mistole and (1) Santa Claus. I received the item 2 days before the expected the 21st which was surprisingly a possible good sign.
When I opened the box they sent 2 of the same which was not such a big deal since it only cost $4.00 which customer service was kind enough to refund, on that same call I asked the status of the delivery of the bed in which time the rep said it would not be long before I received updated status. And then this is when it all went terribly and horribly wrong. I checked email everyday for an email update status, which I never received. I called about a week after the last day of delivery date of the 21st.
I was told there was a delay because of the snow storm, keep in mind it was suppose to arrive before the storm started. I was told to call back within 48hrs and they would have a status from vendor. When I inquired where the bed was shipping from rep had no idea when I asked if the item was in stock as stated on website rep had no idea. When I called back a 2 and 3rd time the reps became more and more rude with no idea or any information.
The last rep I spoke to said that the vendor just opened my email after 4 days from when it was sent. I was told I would have delivery status by the end of the day. This is when I received an email at 4 p.m. that day saying my order was canceled.
I called and ask the rep why my order was canceled and was told it was out if stock, I told her it was still showing online as available her reply was that it was going to take 24-48 hrs to update which we all know it takes a couple of key strokes to type "out of stock. I than asked her if that was the case than why did they raise the price to $399. after I received my cancellation. I told the rep she was just handing me a bunch of bulls--t.
I have checked every day since they canceled my order February 1, 2016 and it is still on the website in stock fir $399. Oh to add insult to injury they charged my account for delivery charges and taxes before sending the bed. I was charged $403 and they refunded me $287.
It is hard press to take world market for a reputable company, now I am left to scramble to get a bed before February 12th for my guest room with guest coming to visit for the long weekend.Oh get this they are sticking to their story that it is out if stock until May but if you go to the website and entire the item it is still available to ship to you within the week.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
- Reason of review:
- Pricing issue
- Product or service
- Queen Size Bed
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I spent over $4000 on the second most expensive tempurpedic mattress in the store. When we got the mattress, we noticed it has several old, dirty stains. They mattress did..."
- "I bought a ESF sofa through a furniture store. After reviewing the specs and documentation on ESF's catalog and site I purchased a sofa. I paid a bit more for..."
- "The quality of RTG furnitures sucks！ And their so-called "Force Field" treatment is a total scam!!!! Purchased one Cindy Crawford Sidney Road sofa, one loveseat and one ottoman from RTG's supercenter..."
- "Since obtaining business service internet over the past 45 days, our connection drops daily and several times during the day. I have called customer support twice to no avail. The..."
- "We were totaly shock when my daughter 7yrs old said dad it is no good. i said yes it is i just made it. she said look at this. it..."
- " Frank's Auto Credit is a Family Owned and Operated, Independent Buy-Here Pay-Here Dealer that was established in 1995 by Frank M. Lynch. For nearly 20 Years Frank's Auto Credit..."
- "Purchased a Body solid Plyo box from third party advertised as a 4 PEICE SET. Company sent me 1 piece!! Third party refuses to refund me, and Walmart says..."
- "Over the phone I was scheduling a repair and asked to find out what the TOTAL price of repairs would be. I was told the total of parts AND labor..."