Oceanside, New York

I have never experienced such a unprofessional online and customer service experience before dealing with world market.I placed an order on January.

13, 2016, delivery was scheduled from 1/17-1/21. The queens size platform bed was on sale for $319.00 with 10% off and free shopping. I also order holiday rubberducks set of 2, (1) under the mistole and (1) Santa Claus. I received the item 2 days before the expected the 21st which was surprisingly a possible good sign.

When I opened the box they sent 2 of the same which was not such a big deal since it only cost $4.00 which customer service was kind enough to refund, on that same call I asked the status of the delivery of the bed in which time the rep said it would not be long before I received updated status. And then this is when it all went terribly and horribly wrong. I checked email everyday for an email update status, which I never received. I called about a week after the last day of delivery date of the 21st.

I was told there was a delay because of the snow storm, keep in mind it was suppose to arrive before the storm started. I was told to call back within 48hrs and they would have a status from vendor. When I inquired where the bed was shipping from rep had no idea when I asked if the item was in stock as stated on website rep had no idea. When I called back a 2 and 3rd time the reps became more and more rude with no idea or any information.

The last rep I spoke to said that the vendor just opened my email after 4 days from when it was sent. I was told I would have delivery status by the end of the day. This is when I received an email at 4 p.m. that day saying my order was canceled.

I called and ask the rep why my order was canceled and was told it was out if stock, I told her it was still showing online as available her reply was that it was going to take 24-48 hrs to update which we all know it takes a couple of key strokes to type "out of stock. I than asked her if that was the case than why did they raise the price to $399. after I received my cancellation. I told the rep she was just handing me a bunch of bulls--t.

I have checked every day since they canceled my order February 1, 2016 and it is still on the website in stock fir $399. Oh to add insult to injury they charged my account for delivery charges and taxes before sending the bed. I was charged $403 and they refunded me $287.

It is hard press to take world market for a reputable company, now I am left to scramble to get a bed before February 12th for my guest room with guest coming to visit for the long weekend.Oh get this they are sticking to their story that it is out if stock until May but if you go to the website and entire the item it is still available to ship to you within the week.

Review about: Queen Size Bed.

1.7
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Pricing issue / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Cost Plus World Market?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion