Horrible experience... We've bought many things from World Market over the years and when we moved into our new house we thought we'd give them a try for some major furniture items. We liked the Galvin Cafeteria table so we searched for a way to get a discount as we just missed a 30% off Tables sale. We found 20% off for signing up to their email advertisements. So I went to the checkout and told them we wanted the table. They replied that it was out of stock and they would be happy to order it. Great, Right? WRONG... They said, I can only pay once they get the table in and I come in to pick it up. They would not let me pay for it now and get the 20% off. I would have been ok with this, except the 20% off expired prior to their projection for when the table would get in and they would not honor the expired 20% off.
So, we gave up on the store option and went online. Turns out they have the table for the same price online. I put it in my cart and went to check out and there was a service fee and shipping fee that was equal to the 20% off coupon we had. Giving up on trying to save money and not wanting to drive 40 min back to the store we ordered the table. At the time of the order the "arrival date range was one week out. We waited the week and I got an email that said "good news, you table has shipped." Wait, what??? It was supposed to be here tomorrow per the order. I called and they explained that that was when the table would arrive at the "shipper" Really??? Since when does a consumer care when their purchase is arriving at the shipper. We want to know when it arrives at our door. The email said delivery within 7-14 business days. WOW.... Amazon can ship anything in two days and it still takes World Market up to 14! Ridiculous.
I called customer service and complained. They said that since I was told that it would arrive today, to wait until tomorrow and if it doesn't arrive they will refund the shipping only. They knew it wasn't going to arrive today, I just got an email it shipped... So I played their game and called back the next day. They process a refund for shipping and told me expect the refund in 10 days. Again... 10 days? Wow....
I waited another full week for the shipper to contact me to set up the delivery. They came today as planned and... Come on, anyone can predict this. It was damaged. We rejected the shipment and I called World Market customer service and told them to refund it. They said they will only refund when the item arrives back at their warehouse and then it will take another 10 days. So I have to wait a week plus for the freight company to ship it back, then another 10 plus days before I'm credited back my money. ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE CUSTOMER SERVICE... From start to finish, I'll be at nearly two months.
NEVER AGAIN will I every buy anything from this horrible retailer. NEVER
Does this review come across as harsh? I hope so, because I'm Pissed Off!
More Review Details
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Product or Service Quality|
- Reason of review:
- Problem with delivery
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Galvin Cafeteria Table
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I have had my Natuzzi leather sofa and recliner for 10 years. We just moved and my wife insisted on new leather because of the color of our Natuzzi. She..."
- "I bought a "bonded" leather sofa/sleeper in 2011 with a 5yr Goof Proof warranty. The cushions started to buckle and peel this year, after the 1yr manufacturer warranty expired. I..."
- "We ordered a bedroom set priced at over $1000 and made the required monthly payments per our contract. A final payment was made and we were told by the manager..."
- "Check out this FPL repair job on a residential 200 amp underground service wire (see attached photo). We ran across this and figured that this shoddy repair work, clearly made..."
- "1. Rented a Thrifty car online 1 week in advance. 2. Next day received email with 25% discount offer so made new reservation online. Attempted to cancel 1st reservation but system..."
- "Hello from Amazon.com. We can certainly understand your concerns about this claim being closed. However, as stated in our previous message, regarding 1x4-1726519-22xxx69: The seller who fulfilled this order indicates no return has been..."
- "for 3 days, each day package tracking says "on vehicle for delivery today" but ended up no delivery. This is the third day now again showing the same message we'll..."
- "...We paid $3,000 for an extended warranty so we wouldn't have to deal with any repairs. WELL, neither Keystone or Holiday World of Dallas will come to the RV park..."
- "I purchased an engine for a little over $2k for son's 2005 my Jeep. Was told by Tom and their website that engine came with a warranty. 17,000 miles (..."