1.5
Style and Design

This company has the worst customer service of any I have encountered.I e-mailed CPWM to find out what happened to my Craft order, which was already a month late in arriving.

(In the "Craft" program you purchase limited-edition items before they are manufactured, and they can take 6 months to arrive, but in this case those six months had passed and I had not received any notification of delay.) Cost Plus has a sort of filtering system for e-mail inquiries, so I was not surprised to get the basic "your inquiry has been forwarded" reply. But the problem is no one in that second tier at Cost Plus ever follows up. Ever. This has been the case for every single e-mail inquiry I have made to CPWM, and that even includes things like minor issues with logins.

I e-mailed again and again, and continually got variations of the same nonsense: your inquiry has been forwarded to the "corporate team" that handles that issue. Well, to make a long story short, I tracked down that "team" by myself, and she is one woman (named, if memory serves, Melissa) who handles all the Craft program "customer service." She brought up my e-mails on her screen and -- after too much delay -- said that the Craft item had just arrived that the warehouse and would have to be checked out and sorted, etc., before shipping out. I asked why she had not told me that before, so I would not have wasted so much time getting a simple answer. She gave me a long story about priority levels for e-mails, and blah, blah, blah.

In other words, this woman who is in charge of dealing with one very small group of CPWM customers had deemed my inquiries unimportant and ignored them. So I cancelled my supposedly uncancellable purchase because I will not support a company who cares so little about its customers. (I asked why CPWM had not sent out an e-mail informing customers of the delay, and she said something like, "That is a policy we have been talking about changing." Talking about?

How hard is it to send out a block e-mail?) Phooey.No more orders from me!

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). This person is overall dissatisfied with Cost Plus World Market. The most disappointing about cost plus world market shipping service at Cost Plus World Market was customer service online and misleading shipping promises Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Cost Plus World Market.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Furniture and Decor category for more informed decision or compare Cost Plus World Market to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Cost Plus World Market?

Comments

I believe it! I've had a similar experience not recieving emails about delays and not reviecing items I've ordered.

You spent waaaay too much time and effort on this. Life is too short to get this riled up over something so terribly unimportant in the grand scheme of things, ok.

to Anonymous #1124132

Did writing that make you feel better about yourself?Are you "Melissa"?

Probably yes on both counts.

Too bad for you.

I took the time to review in order to keep other people from wasting their time with this dishonest company.Why are YOU here?

to Anonymous #1181067

it's just a troll.Lonely people who have nothing better to do than try to start an argument over the internet.

It makes them feel better about themselves and their miserable lives.carry on, nothing to see here.