I post good reviews much more often than poor ones. But every now and then, I feel it is important on principle to report very, very poor customer service, such as what I received from World Market.
I bought a set of dishes (set of 4 dinner plates/bowls/salad plates) in March for $94.24. After 3-4 months, the paint and glaze on the rim of one plate delaminated, exposing an approximately 2-inch strip of white. The plate was obviously defective; the others were fine. It never occurred to me that World Market would not stand behind their products. After too many emails, and way too much of my time, and being treated very poorly, they simply refused to replace the plate because they have a 60-day return policy. A set of dishes - warranted for only 60 days? That is ridiculous. And why did they string me along for months, if they never intended to replace the defective plate? Taking care of a customer with a legitimate, proven claim isn't worth even $10 to World Market - which is what it would have cost them to replace the plate.
Chronology: I emailed them through their website August 11, asking for a replacement. A series of back-and-forth emails ensued, with me submitting pictures of the damaged plate, providing copies of my transaction, etc. Finally, they said their corporate team would contact me, which never happened. I contacted them again; same thing, no one ever contacted me. I contacted them again, saying if you can't get the corporate team to contact me, please give the name and number of the head of Customer Service. I was shocked (though why should I be? They clearly don't care about customers) when they suggested that I CONTACT the corporate team. I wrote again, saying I would just buy another plate and put a poor review online. I then received an email from "Agent Ed" (corporate team?) who said they had they had already emailed me (not true) and that they wouldn't replace the plate because it was past 60 days.
Thanks for nothing, World Market.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Style and Design|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Terrible customer service
You May Also Like
- "My wife and I purchased an "Albany Furniture" leather living room set (modular sofa, loveseat and ottoman, 6 pieces total) in February of 2012 from Levin Furniture in Wexford, PA..."
- "So disappointed with the company Fathead, all over there site they claim their walls clings remove easily and WON'T DAMAGE WALLS! Had this happen today when removing them (there are..."
- "my mattress isn't even a yr old !! between 2 to 3 months of buying this mattress it becomes a big puff of air in the middle an sinkholes..."
- "I always receive coupons via email for picture packages that have already expired. For example, today, September 29, 2015 I received a fall portrait coupon for $24.99. Great deal! The..."
- "I got the lakers helicopter for my nephew for Christmas! It doesn't work/fly? We've charged it and nothing , it's not getting power? Maybe bad charger? I've been calling since..."
- "dear rexall my cheif complaint is that i have been taking the sleep aide for about 2yrs n up til now the product was helping .but for the last week..."
- "RUN RUN RUN 2 weeks turned to 6. and still not done they ordered the wrong tub and order the same $33 ceiling fan (a request was made to upgrade from the..."
- "A few week's ago, I purchased 2 my pillow standard queen, only one that is available at Bed Bath and Beyond. I purchased for our rv. I then..."