Cost Plus World Market - World Market - terrible customer service
I post good reviews much more often than poor ones. But every now and then, I feel it is important on principle to report very, very poor customer service, such as what I received from World Market.
I bought a set of dishes (set of 4 dinner plates/bowls/salad plates) in March for $94.24. After 3-4 months, the paint and glaze on the rim of one plate delaminated, exposing an approximately 2-inch strip of white. The plate was obviously defective; the others were fine. It never occurred to me that World Market would not stand behind their products. After too many emails, and way too much of my time, and being treated very poorly, they simply refused to replace the plate because they have a 60-day return policy. A set of dishes - warranted for only 60 days? That is ridiculous. And why did they string me along for months, if they never intended to replace the defective plate? Taking care of a customer with a legitimate, proven claim isn't worth even $10 to World Market - which is what it would have cost them to replace the plate.
Chronology: I emailed them through their website August 11, asking for a replacement. A series of back-and-forth emails ensued, with me submitting pictures of the damaged plate, providing copies of my transaction, etc. Finally, they said their corporate team would contact me, which never happened. I contacted them again; same thing, no one ever contacted me. I contacted them again, saying if you can't get the corporate team to contact me, please give the name and number of the head of Customer Service. I was shocked (though why should I be? They clearly don't care about customers) when they suggested that I CONTACT the corporate team. I wrote again, saying I would just buy another plate and put a poor review online. I then received an email from "Agent Ed" (corporate team?) who said they had they had already emailed me (not true) and that they wouldn't replace the plate because it was past 60 days.
Thanks for nothing, World Market.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Value for money|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Style and Design|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Terrible customer service
You May Also Like
- "This is how my pillow looked after just six months......I washed it after 3 weeks and the case never came clean....The fillings started to unravel inside....I felt it getting smaller..."
- " Be wary of purchasing anything here. I purchased the Venice Sofa, Love Seat and Ottoman and spent about $2000 for it. I love the set but am having warranty..."
- "I bought a "bonded" leather sofa/sleeper in 2011 with a 5yr Goof Proof warranty. The cushions started to buckle and peel this year, after the 1yr manufacturer warranty expired. I..."
- "I got the lakers helicopter for my nephew for Christmas! It doesn't work/fly? We've charged it and nothing , it's not getting power? Maybe bad charger? I've been calling since..."
- "I always receive coupons via email for picture packages that have already expired. For example, today, September 29, 2015 I received a fall portrait coupon for $24.99. Great deal! The..."
- "Ridiculous delays in shipping, packaging that is clearly labeled "FRAGILE" on all sides of the box is NOT being taken note of, many packages arrive smashed. I have witnessed drivers..."
- "...We paid $3,000 for an extended warranty so we wouldn't have to deal with any repairs. WELL, neither Keystone or Holiday World of Dallas will come to the RV park..."
- "I ordered two autism necklaces for me and my husband a month ago. I received an email stating that my order is being made and will be shipped. There is..."