Cost Plus World Market - World Market - terrible customer service
I post good reviews much more often than poor ones. But every now and then, I feel it is important on principle to report very, very poor customer service, such as what I received from World Market.
I bought a set of dishes (set of 4 dinner plates/bowls/salad plates) in March for $94.24. After 3-4 months, the paint and glaze on the rim of one plate delaminated, exposing an approximately 2-inch strip of white. The plate was obviously defective; the others were fine. It never occurred to me that World Market would not stand behind their products. After too many emails, and way too much of my time, and being treated very poorly, they simply refused to replace the plate because they have a 60-day return policy. A set of dishes - warranted for only 60 days? That is ridiculous. And why did they string me along for months, if they never intended to replace the defective plate? Taking care of a customer with a legitimate, proven claim isn't worth even $10 to World Market - which is what it would have cost them to replace the plate.
Chronology: I emailed them through their website August 11, asking for a replacement. A series of back-and-forth emails ensued, with me submitting pictures of the damaged plate, providing copies of my transaction, etc. Finally, they said their corporate team would contact me, which never happened. I contacted them again; same thing, no one ever contacted me. I contacted them again, saying if you can't get the corporate team to contact me, please give the name and number of the head of Customer Service. I was shocked (though why should I be? They clearly don't care about customers) when they suggested that I CONTACT the corporate team. I wrote again, saying I would just buy another plate and put a poor review online. I then received an email from "Agent Ed" (corporate team?) who said they had they had already emailed me (not true) and that they wouldn't replace the plate because it was past 60 days.
Thanks for nothing, World Market.
More Review Details
|Style and Design|
|Value for money|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Terrible customer service
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I have had my Natuzzi leather sofa and recliner for 10 years. We just moved and my wife insisted on new leather because of the color of our Natuzzi. She..."
- "Let me start by saying that I really like Modloft design and price points. I was very excited to order and receive the product, however as the previous customer stated,..."
- "Dec 26th, 2016...7pm... My wife, her two sisters, one sister's 13 year old daughter, and myself just finished spending about an hour or so shopping for their parent's new house...."
- "I found a nice coat on FashionMia and ordered it for myself as a Christmas present. They emailed me the package's tracking number, and I kept track of it every..."
- "RANT...1000.......I KNOW YOU KNEW THIS DAY WAS COMMING?............WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND!! ***!!!! HOW THE *** YOU GONNA POST MY 20 YEAR OLD CRIMINAL RECORD ON LINE ...MAKE UP FAKE..."
- "Crackers were all broken in all 4 packs..."
- "I always receive coupons via email for picture packages that have already expired. For example, today, September 29, 2015 I received a fall portrait coupon for $24.99. Great deal! The..."
- "I got the lakers helicopter for my nephew for Christmas! It doesn't work/fly? We've charged it and nothing , it's not getting power? Maybe bad charger? I've been calling since..."